16.07.2017

Weekly update: Suitcases, shots and bunnies

¡Hola beautiful people!

I am beyond thankful for all the positive vibes on my past two Instagram posts. So thank you for that!
I am making this post to give you a quick update on my preparations before moving away from home again. As most of you know it is not the first time I am leaving Germany with just a suitcase, which is why it’s not as crazy exciting for me. Don’t get me wrong, I am still pretty excited to spent my next 6 months in Spain, especially with my boyfriend but it isn’t a major life event anymore.
July is kind of my moving away month. Last year, exactly a year ago, I arrived in New York City for the very first time. I started my Aupair journey and I was beyond excited and sad to leave my family and friends in Germany. This time it is different. Spain is so close to home and really just two hours of a flight away. This is why I am taking it more easy. Something that is still not easy: the suitcase situation!!!
I freaking hate packing man. I am the worst when it comes to big suitcases. Carry on luggage – no problem. But when it comes to a 20 kg suitcase, I am just basically packing stuff that I know I will not wear or use in Barcelona. I am trying to get a grip on it, so I basically started to pack already to see which clothes I should not wear in the next seven days. I am in constant contact with my placement company which is awesome, because I get to choose what kind of tools I would like to use while working with them. I am pretty happy about my choice and cannot wait to make new experience. What I am currently sad about? Today I had to say goodbye to my bunny Sir William Pepper. He is moving in with my best friend in the meantime that I am traveling around. My parents are not the biggest fans of bunnies, so I know for sure that he will have a better year at my best friends place. I really wish I could just take him with me. 

It happens to be also the last week of work for me at my current company EMP. I will surely miss my coworkers and the company not only helped me to step foot into the world of marketing, but it also helped me to gain confidence and understand the theory in a practical matter. so we will see how my last week at the company will end! I am ready for something new.
As some of you already saw on my snapchat I also happened to prepare myself for my adventures in Bali and Bangkok. Last week I had a meeting with a doctor to see which injections I need before heading out to Asia. Clearly, It made me realize how expensive this whole trip will be. I received my first set of four different shots in my left arm. That already costs me 334 € and damn, that was only my first set. I still need two appointments which will have to wait until December when I come back. Luckily my health insurance covers 80% of my injections so it won’t be too bad. My doctor told me after the four injections that it will not be hurting and that I could even do sports if I feel like it. Too bad that I was in pain for three days and I was not able to move my arm. I hope the next injections will not hurt as much!
My boyfriend and I happened to buy an action camera for our next travels, which I am soooo happy about. That thing is just so cool and I can’t wait to take some underwater shots. I hope you guys enjoyed the quick update from my side, I will post another update in the end of next week. I think blogging every Sunday will make way more sense for me! 😊

Have a good week,

Karoline

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS