29.09.2017

10 Budget Friendly Things To Do In Barcelona




Hey guys, 
I thought I am making a little series of my top tips/experience since I have been living in Barcelona. This time, I would like to introduce you to the things that cost nothing (or almost nothing) and help you to explore Barcelona without feeling you are missing out.
As most of you know, my wallet got stolen three weeks ago. This meant, I had to focus on things that costs nothing or little, which is why I think this is a good guide for any of you who is planning to move here or stay here for vacation.
Btw, my wallet was found last week and I have all my cards back! (Though, the thief took my Hunkemoeller card, pictures of my boyfriend and cash … what a weirdo)
Here are my Top 10 budget friendly tips for Barcelona:



1. Enjoying the day at the beach

Man, I love hanging out at the beach. Just take your best friends, a book or some speakers and enjoy the full day in the sun! I have been to some spots in Barcelona, but my all time favorite beach is Playa de Bogatell! It is more peaceful, less people and the water is way cleaner than Playa de Barceloneta.
Cheap tip: If you´re feeling like snacking, buy a watermelon or all kinds of fruit at the local fruit stores. They are super cheap and you can enjoy some refreshing watermelon, while tanning in the sun. It will keep you hydrated and full for a couple of hours.

2. Hiking up Tibidabo

If you don’t feel like paying extra money for the busses that bring you all the way to Tibidabo, why not hiking? As I posted before, we took a 2 hours hike up to Tibidabo, which gave us a beautiful view on Barcelona. I would totally recommend everyone to do so as it is a small adventure. Great way to disconnect yourself from the craziness of Barcelona and a nice workout for your bum as well! ;-)


3. Free walking tours

Barcelona offers all kinds of free walking tours that you can join to explore and do some sightseeing with! If you cannot find any, here are some tours that you can join.


4. Museums on Sundays

Barcelona has so much to offer when it comes to art and architecture! I have always loved to stroll around museums when it comes to traveling. And oh boy, Barcelona has soooo many museums!
On the first Sunday of the month, there are certain museums for free. Some museums, as for example the Picasso Museum, offer free entry every Sunday from 3pm to 7 pm. You can find a full list here. I am definitely going to use my free Sundays to explore these gems. I have already been to the Salvador Dali museum and the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau and can only highly recommend everyone to take advantage of the free hours.



5. Magic Fountains

Seeing the Plaça d'Espanya at day time is already beautiful enough, but enjoying the Font Màgica is just something I will never get tired off. The shows usually start at 9pm and is a great opportunity to start the night – grab your friends, some beer/wine and snacks and find a cozy space to watch the show! You will not regret it.

6. Bunkers del Carmel

The bunkers del Carmel is one of my favorite spots in Barcelona. The view that you get to see is just enchanting and you really can´t help but falling in love with Barcelona. The bunkers are just a couple of old ruins that have turned into one of the hotspots for people living in Barcelona. Not only can you enjoy a beautiful view all over Barcelona, hiking up there is pretty easy (for the lazy ones: there is also a bus going) and similar to the Font Màgica, you can just bring your own blanket, food and drinks to enjoy the view!

7. Park Güell

I always tell people it is not really worth it to see the paid part of the Park Güell. Even though there is Gaudi´s outstanding architecture, the parts that costs are just a small part of the whole park itself. If you are on a budget, I´d just recommend you to explore the part of the park that is for free. You will not really miss out on anything.


8. Join free Salsa classes

You love dancing, or you’ve always wanted to learn how to take Salsa classes without paying a crazy amount of money?
The Bar ConSabor Cubano in Gracia, Barcelona offers free Salsa classes every Friday by just purchasing a drink at the bar! You can find special events on Facebook to join the 


9. Spent the evening at the language exchange

There are two language exchange meetups per week and they are huge! It is so much fun to get to know knew people, learning new languages and the drinks are super cheap! If you are new in town, want to work on your Spanish or Catalan, you are at the right place. You can find the language exchange here.


10. Stroll around El Born, the Gothic Quarter and the local markets

Despite the crowded areas close to Plaça de Catalunya and Las Ramblas, I am in love with the small streets of Barcelona. In my opinion, the best way to actually explore Barcelona is to walk those streets, stroll through the local markets like Mercat de la Boqueria (you can actually find a bargain on all kinds of fresh fruits and vegetables) and find yourself hundreds of years back in the alleys of El Born and the Barri Gòtic.


18 Kommentare:

  1. this is really nice articl www.fooday.info

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I would love to explore Barcelona!Hopefully someday I can visit. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. You Should! I will post more about my tips here :) Its a city worth to visit!

      Löschen
  3. Free walking tours are my fave in a new city!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Yeeees, you can meet new people so much easier and its an amazing way to look at the different sights!

      Löschen
  4. Barcelona is on my list, so def saving this for later!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Woohoo! I will post more about my experience here :)

      Löschen
  5. I haven't been to Barcelona in forever! Definitely need to go back :)

    Tori
    www.mooretori.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Yes for sure! This is my 4th time in Barcelona and this time for a bit longer than my usual trips :)

      Löschen
  6. Never been to Barcelona but I'll have to pin this for when I inevitably plan a trip!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I would love to visit Barcelona and Spain in general!! Seems like there is a lot to do there- even on a budget!! I had a layover in Madrid earlier this year and was sad I couldn't stay longer!

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Oh you should definitely check it out :). I havent been to Madrid yet either! Hopefully going there soon :)

      Löschen
  8. Ahh I need to go ASAP! I want to do all the things and can hopefully visit soon!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Haha yes come! I will post more tips around Barcelona to give a guide for the city :)

      Löschen
  9. I'd love to visit Barcelona! I'll keep this tips in mind!

    AntwortenLöschen

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS